· This week in Phonics we will be learning long vowel sounds: /a/ as in acorn; /e/ as in equal; /i/ as in icicle; /o/ as in overalls; and /u/ as in unicorn. There will be NO Show & Tell.
· For Reading we will finish the story Goldilocks and the Three Bears and begin an informational text titled If You Could go to Antarctica, by the author Fay Robinson. We will practice the comprehension skill classify and categorize. Please practice the new high frequency words here, go, and from.
· In Math we will finish Chapter 10: Data, Graphing, and Probability. Our test will be Tuesday, April 13th. We will begin Chapter 11: Addition. We will join two groups to find out “how many in all”. We will also read and complete addition sentences.
· Monday, April 12th will be the next monthly PTO meeting beginning at 6:30pm in the school cafeteria. All are invited and encouraged to attend!!!
· FYI – Names of the participants of The Read-at-Home Challenge (I’m a Reader! Contracts) from Newspaper in Education Week will be published in the Republican & Herald newspaper on Tuesday, April 13th.
· On Wednesday, April 14th and Thursday, April 15th Kindergarten will visit the Cleveland Museum via Distance Learning Videoconference in the LGI room. Boys and girls will learn about “The Senses”. Be sure to ask your child what he/she experienced!!!
· Scholastic book orders for the month of April are due by Thursday, April 15th for anyone interested in ordering.
· Report cards went home today, Friday, April 9th. Parents are asked to sign and return the report cards. If there are any questions or concerns and/or a conference is requested, then please contact the teacher either at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 874-3661 Ext. 3245.
· Spring portrait pictures were sent home before Easter break. Please return money and/or any photos not being purchased as soon as possible.
· Kindergarten Graduation Picture Day will be Tuesday, April 20th - Be sure to have money and portrait package envelope the morning of pictures. Cash or money orders only!!! All students will be photographed for the class photo and will need a white collared shirt. Girls should NOT have ponytails high on their heads or wear big hair accessories since they will be wearing a graduation cap!
· Monday will be Day 3 on the special classes’ schedule. Boys and girls will need library books for exchange on Thursday, April 15th.
· Even though spring has arrived, we do have several weeks of school remaining. Students need to try and stay focused on their schoolwork and to continue to do their best.
Thank you to all the homeroom helpers who helped with the Easter Party and Egg Hunt. It was really fun and EGG-citing!!!!