· For the next two weeks we will be learning the consonant letter Ss as in sun and snake. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday and shortened week this week, Show and Tell will start on Tuesday, Dec. 1st and continue as scheduled through Friday, Dec. 4th.
· In Reading we will finish the story Armadillo’s Orange and begin Animal Babies in Grasslands by Jennifer Schofield. We will be talking about grassland animals, review the letter Pp and the /p/ sound, and practice the comprehension skill main idea. The words we, my, and like will be introduced as new high frequency words. Watch for the new Family Times newsletter and phonics story “Pat the Cat” to be sent home.
· For Math, we will learn to recognize and identify different geometric shapes such as; cone, sphere, cylinder, and cube. We will also learn about equal parts. Try to review plane shapes (circle, square, triangle, and rectangle) and solid figures and find shapes around your home that are these shapes!
· This week we will continue our Thanksgiving Theme and will celebrate our own Kindergarten Thanksgiving. We will watch Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving and have a “Thanksgiving Snack”.
· Wednesday, November 25th will be our last day of school before the holiday break. There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday, Friday, and Monday, November 26-November 30th. School reopens on Tuesday, December 1st.
· Santa’s Shop will be here the week of Dec. 1st through December 8th. This is an optional program for your child to buy Christmas gifts for the special people in his/her life. Each class will have a day and time to shop.
Monday will be Day 4 on the special classes’ schedule. (Don’t forget library books for exchange on Wednesday, November 25th!)