· For Reading we will finish the story Dig, Dig, Digging and we will begin Unit 2; Look at Us. The first story is Flowers. Watch for your new Family Times newsletter. Please review recognizing capital and lowercase letters from Aa to Zz and the high frequency words; I, am, the, little, to, a, have and is. We will be learning the vowel letter Aa as in apple and acorn. We will focus on the short vowel sound. Letter tiles will be coming home on Wednesday nights. Please practice and return the next school day! **Don’t forget to practice ALL sight word flashcards daily!!!
· In Math we will be working with Topic 1: One to Five. Students
will be counting sets of objects to 5, writing numbers 1-5, comparing sets, and representing numbers to 5. Take some time to review daily worksheets!!!
· We are currently collecting money for the classroom parties. Please send in $5.00 in an envelope with your child’s name and classroom and mark “Party Money” on the outside of the envelope. Thank You!
· The School-wide Book Fair will take place in the Library starting Monday, October 19th. **Parents will be able to shop with their child on Monday night from 4-7 PM. A NSE specific website will be set up for online ordering. Mrs. Potts’ class will also be shopping in school on Tuesday, October 20th during the last half of Music class—2:35-2:55.
· Diane Rowland, will visit with our class on Thursday, October 22nd during our scheduled guidance lesson. She will be speaking with the children about Drugs and Alcohol in preparation for the annual Red Ribbon Week, which will be held the last week of October. Take some time to ask your child what he/she learned and/or discussed at school that day!
· Friday, October 30th will be our school-wide Fall Festival and Halloween parade. Students are NOT to wear costumes to school!!! Costumes should be sent to school that day in a bag with student’s name on the outside. Students will get dressed in costumes in the classroom prior to the parade. Keep in mind students will be dressing at school, so keep costumes as simple as possible; (No spraying hair at school, or a face full of make-up at school). More details will be sent home in future newsletters.
· Parent/teacher conferences will be held on Monday, November 9th. More information will be sent home at a later date. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Potts: firstname.lastname@example.org or 874-3661, Ext. 3245.
· The Kindergarten Field Trip will be on Friday, November 13th to the Pearl Movie Theatre to see “The Peanuts Movie”. Watch for Field Trip details to come home in your child’s folder and COMPLETE, SIGN, and RETURN ALL forms by Monday, November 2nd. **Chaperones also need to complete and return the yellow form as soon as possible and must have the required clearances before the field trip in order to attend.
· Just a few reminders:
o The WEEKENDER Program of Berks County will start on Friday, October 16th.
o PTO Fall Fundraiser orders are due by Friday, October 23rd. (Orders will be delivered to the school the beginning of December.)
o The School Store is now open. Kindergarten is to shop ONLY on Monday mornings—before homeroom.
Monday, October 19th will be Day 4-Gym, and students will need sneakers and gym attire. Library books will not need to be returned until Thursday, October 29th (Day 2).