Congratulations! You made it through the first week of Kindergarten!
Friday, 9/4 we will have a District wide Pep Rally @ the HS stadium @ 1:30. –Students may dress with Spartan Spirit clothes or just regular dress code clothing.
**There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, September 7th due to the Labor Day Holiday. Enjoy the long weekend.
Tuesday, September 8th will be Day 6—Computer class. Please check your special classes’ schedule.
(Wed. 9/9-Guidance; Thurs. 9/10-Art; Friday 9/11-Gym**wear sneakers)
· We’ve begun our enVision Math. We will continue working on Topic 14: Identifying and Describing Shapes. Please review practice pages that come home in your child’s folder.
· For Reading we will continue with the story, The Little School Bus. A Family Times newsletter was sent home with details about the story and skills we will be working on. Please review the Amazing words, the ordinal numbers, first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth, letter recognition of letters Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, and Ee, the story element “character”, and the high frequency words I and am.
· Continue to check your child’s communication folder daily and if you haven’t already returned all the school forms and necessary paperwork, then please return them as soon as possible. All forms must be returned to Mrs. Potts by Thursday, Sept. 10th. Items on the KEEP side need to be removed at home. **Any money, notes, or items for the teacher to see NEED to be in your child’s folder. Mrs. Potts doesn’t look through book bags---only the folders!
· We will begin our class snack donations next week. Anyone who chose to participate in the class snack WILL NOT need to bring a snack unless a note was sent home in your child’s folder. I usually give at least 2-3 days notice. **At this time, 20 students will be participating with the rotation. There were no food allergies noted so far.
**Parents who requested to provide a snack daily should have received a note reminding them to pack a snack each day.
**For those providing snack for the class, remember snacks must be STORE BOUGHT and that if cups, spoons, or napkins are needed you will need to provide those as well.
· Next week we will begin homework. All homework pages will be stamped “HOMEWORK” and will be placed in the Return side of the folder. Homework needs to be completed the night it comes home and needs to be returned the next day. (Be sure to check the return side of the folder daily.) **Homework will also be posted on my blog each week. (District website www.northschuylkill.net under Elementary Center, Homework Helpline/BLOG, click on Angela Potts)
· Those interested in volunteering this school year should join the PTO and have a criminal record check, a child abuse clearance, and fingerprinting on file in the office before helping with the children at school. The 1st PTO meeting will be held on Monday, September 14th @ 6:30 in the school cafeteria.
· The September Scholastic Book orders are due by Wednesday, Sept. 9th. Orders can be placed online at www.scholastic.com/readingclub using the activation code: GJXGV or send in orders and money to the teacher—cash or check made payable to Scholastic.
· Try to make sure your child has his/her bus tag every day. The end of the day can be hectic and some children don’t know their bus numbers yet!
· Temperatures with the air conditioning can vary in the classroom and school, so you may want to provide a sweater or crewneck sweatshirt (without pockets or hood) for your child to put on as needed.
· FYI: Grades K-3 will have Hearing Screenings on Thursday, September 10th. Discuss with your child the importance of being quiet during the screenings.
· Keep practicing your child’s 4-digit number and daily sight words!!