· In Phonics we will be learning the letter Ss and its sound as in sun and snake. Please continue to review all letters and sounds learned so far, and follow your classroom schedule for Show & Tell. We start with the Tuesday show and tell students! **Word List 4 will be tested on Friday, Dec. 2nd. Practice daily!!!
· We do not have school on Monday, November 28th. School will reopen on Tuesday, November 29th. Tuesday will be Day 1 for special classes—just a reminder to wear sneakers for gym on Wednesday, November 30th. Library books will be needed for exchange on Friday, Dec. 2nd.
· In Math we will work with comparing objects by weight (mass), work with shapes & patterns and will introduce graphs and explore with geoboards! Continue to practice number writing from 0-9.
· Just a reminder, Santa’s Shop will be here from Nov. 29th through Dec. 9th. Kindergarten is scheduled to shop first on Tuesday, Nov. 29th. If your child is shopping, please secure any money in an envelope and return it on the day he/she will shop. **POTTS shopping time- Tuesday @ 1:45-2:15. (**Tuesday, December 6th will be a make-up day for any Kindergarten students to shop from 1-3 pm.)
· In Reading we will begin the story, Whose Garden Is It? by Mary Ann Hoberman. It will be a rhyming story about gardens and plants. We will be discussing more with realism and fantasy. Keep practicing high frequency words.
· New Scholastic book order forms were sent home for December. Please return any orders/money by Wednesday, December 7th so we can have the books before Christmas break. Online orders are accepted as well. (If any are gifts for Christmas, please notify me, so I can contact you and not send the books with your child.)
· On Tuesday, November 29th, a letter to Santa will be coming home for you to complete with your child. Please return this letter by Monday, December 5th. On Friday, December 9th a postman will pick up the letters at school and take them directly to Santa at the North Pole!
· The Kindergarten through 2nd grade Holiday Music Program will be held in the High School Auditorium on Monday, December 12th beginning promptly at 9:30 am. Parents, grandparents, and all are invited!!!
Best wishes to everyone for a safe and Happy Thanksgiving holiday!