· For the next two weeks we will be learning the consonant letter Ss as in sun and snake. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday and shortened week next week, Show and Tell will start on Tuesday, Nov. 29th and continue as scheduled through Friday, Dec. 2nd. **Word List #4 will not be tested until Friday, Dec. 2nd due to the Thanksgiving break. (Extra time to practice!)
· In Reading we will continue the story A Bed for the Winter by Karen Wallace. We will review the short /i/ sound and discuss Fiction and Non-Fiction. After the holiday break we will begin a new story titled, Whose Garden is It? by Mary Ann Hoberman.
· For Math, we will practice paying for items to 10 cents using pennies, copy and identify AB patterns, and will begin comparing objects by weight (mass). **Please review daily practice pages that your child brings home!
· This week we will continue our Thanksgiving Theme and will celebrate our own Kindergarten Thanksgiving by watching Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving and having a “Thanksgiving Snack” with our 4th grade, reading buddies. Students will bring home a Thanksgiving bracelet and will get to be Indians for a day!
· Wednesday, November 23rd will be an early dismissal @ 11:45 am and will be our last day of school before the holiday break. There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday, Friday, and Monday, November 24-November 28th. School reopens on Tuesday, November 29th. **Please note there will be NO BREAKFAST served on Wed., Nov. 23rd due to the early dismissal. Lunch will be Egg & Cheese sandwich with an alternate of hot dog. No wraps will be served. (Lunch for Kindergarten will be from 9:50-10:20 and music 11:00-11:20.)
· Santa’s Shop will be here from November 29th through December 9th. This is an optional program for your child to buy Christmas gifts for the special people in his/her life. Each class will have a day and time to shop. **Shopping dates and times will be sent home in your child’s folder before Thanksgiving.
Monday will be Day 3 on the special classes’ schedule. (Don’t forget library books for exchange on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd)