- This week in Phonics we will be learning long vowel sounds: /a/ as in acorn; /e/ as in equal; /i/ as in icicle; /o/ as in overalls; and /u/ as in unicorn. There will be NO Show and Tell. **Word list 20 will be tested on Thursday, April 7th. Please practice daily!!
- For Reading we will begin Unit 5: Going Places. Our first story will be Max Takes the Train by Rosemary Wells. It is an animal fantasy story and we will be discussing realism and fantasy. Watch for your new Family Times newsletter and have your child practice the Words to Read!
- In Math we will continue to use tangrams and explore slides, turns, and flips. We will work on identifying largest and smallest shapes and cover half of a shape, will practice paying for items using pennies, nickels, dimes, or a quarter, and will identify doubles and matching sets. Take some time to review the daily practice worksheets!!
- Scholastic book orders for the month of April are due by Tuesday, April 12th for anyone interested in ordering.
- Report cards were sent home Friday, April 1st. Parents are asked to sign and return the report cards. If there are any questions or concerns and/or a conference is requested, then please contact the teacher either at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 874-3611 Ext. 3245.
- Kindergarten Graduation Picture Day will be Thursday, April 7th (**There will be NO make-up picture day!!!)- Be sure to have money and portrait package envelope the morning of pictures. (Cash or checks made payable to P.S.P.) All students will be photographed for the class photo and will need a white collared shirt. Girls should NOT have ponytails high on their heads or wear big hair accessories since they will be wearing a graduation cap. ***If you do NOT wish to purchase pictures, please send a note stating that, so the teacher knows your child just didn't forget to bring the envelope/money. Thank you!!!
- Monday will be Day 1 on the special classes' schedule. Boys and girls will need gym attire and sneakers on Wednesday, April 6th and library books for exchange on Thursday, April 7th.
- Even though spring has arrived, we do have several weeks of school remaining. Students need to try and stay focused on their schoolwork and to continue to do their best.