· For the next two weeks we will be learning the consonant letter Ss as in sun and snake. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday and shortened week next week, Show and Tell will start on Tuesday, Nov. 30th and continue as scheduled through Friday, Dec. 3rd. **Word List #4 will not be tested until Thursday, Dec. 2nd due to the Thanksgiving break. (Extra time to practice!)
· In Reading we will begin the story Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman. We will be discussing hibernation and will learn to differentiate between real and make-believe. Watch for the new Family Times newsletter to be sent home.
· For Math, we will begin comparing objects by weight (mass), name shapes by using two attributes (shape and color), and copy and identify AB and ABB patterns. **Please review daily practice pages that your child brings home!
· Next week we will continue our Thanksgiving Theme and will celebrate our own Kindergarten Thanksgiving by watching Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving and having a “Thanksgiving Snack” with our 4th grade, reading buddies.
· Wednesday, November 24th will be an early dismissal @ 11:45 am and will be our last day of school before the holiday break. There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday, Friday, and Monday, November 25-November 29th. School reopens on Tuesday, November 30th. **Please note there will be NO BREAKFAST served on Wed., Nov. 24th due to the early dismissal. (Lunch for Kindergarten will be from 9:15-9:45 and gym class 9:45-10:15.)
· Santa’s Shop will be here from November 30th through December 10th. This is an optional program for your child to buy Christmas gifts for the special people in his/her life. Each class will have a day and time to shop. **K-Potts is scheduled to shop on Tuesday, Nov. 30th from 1:15-2:00 pm.
Monday will be Day 1 on the special classes’ schedule. (Don’t forget sneakers and gym attire on Wednesday, November 24th for gym class.)
FYI: PTO Clothing Sale orders & $ are due by Wed., Nov. 23rd. School Store will be closed until January, due to Santa’s Shop and the holidays.