· This week in Phonics we will be learning the vowel letter Aa as in apple and acorn. We will focus on the short vowel sound. There will be NO Show & Tell for letter Aa. Students will however be learning their home address! (Watch for an address paper to come home on Monday!)
· For Reading we will be finishing the story Dig, Dig, Digging and our first unit of stories. Please review recognizing capital and lowercase letters from Aa to Zz and the high frequency words; I, am, the, little, to and a.
· In Math we will be sorting a collection of objects, ordering the numbers 1-10, counting backward from 10, identifying ordinal position to fourth, and identifying a missing number. Please take some time at home to review these skills and concepts.
· This week the students and teachers will be recognizing Red Ribbon Week with the theme, “I’m drug free”. We will support the event by wearing the following: Monday—“Turn your back on drugs” (Wear your clothes backwards); Tuesday—“Sock it to drugs day” (Wear crazy socks); Wednesday—“Put a cap on drugs day”(Wear crazy hats); Thursday—“Drugs will turn you inside out” (Wear shirts inside out); and Friday—“Red spirit day” (Wear red school spirit shirts)
· Friday, October 29th will be our classroom Halloween parade and party from 1:30-3:00. The parade will begin at 2:00pm. Students will parade in the upper bus loop. All are welcome to come to see the children parade. Parents who are helping and have clearances on file will be able to enter the building for 1:30. Parties will end by 3:00pm. Your child should NOT wear his/her costume to school! Please send the costume to school in a bag with your child’s name on the outside. Students will get dressed in costumes with the help of teachers and homeroom helpers. Keep in mind students will be dressing at school, so keep the costumes as simple as possible; (No spraying hair at school, or a face full of make-up at school)
· With trick-or-treat approaching, we ask that students do not bring candy for snacks at school and limit extra candy in lunch boxes too. Thanks for your cooperation!
· Thank you to Mrs. Miller, Mrs. Niedzwiecki, and Mrs. Coyle who helped with the pajama party. It was PERFECT! Your help was greatly appreciated; without you we couldn’t have had such a successful and fun day!!!
FYI: Parent conferences will be held on Tuesday, November 2nd for grades K-3. More information was enclosed in your child’s folder. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Potts: firstname.lastname@example.org or 874-3661 Ext. 3245.
Monday will be Day 2-Music. Students will need sneakers and gym attire on Day 3-Tuesday, Oct. 26th and library books on Thursday, Oct. 28th.